We are San Diego Animal Attic, a full service wildlife removal company servicing San Diego, Ca. Our family run animal control business has been serving the people of this area for years, and one of our main principles is that we look to deal with your animal issues politely and with understanding. We work to the highest standards and have the experience and the expertise to help you to resolve your animal problem, however big or small it is. We are fully insured with commercial liability insurance to give you peace of mind, and have all of the latest equipment to help us to deal with your animal problem as efficiently as possible. Rodent control is one of our specialties, and we feel we are among the best in this area. Not only will we catch the rodents that are causing the problems, but we will also thoroughly examine and explore your home so that we can seal all of the holes that they are using to get in and out. Unlike some less diligent firms we don’t use poison for dealing with pest animals, but instead focus on getting your problem solved effectively. We can also provide sanitation and cleanup services where the rodent problem has been present for some time, and can also replace soiled insulation as well. Call us now at 619-259-5735 for a solution to your wild animal problem.
About Pest Animal San Diego and Our Services:
Rats are causes of numerous diseases that can be transmitted to humans. They prefer to live in densely populated areas in order to hunt for their foods. The rats can survive through scavenging of foods. They will usually eat the animals and dead plants that are available in the environment. Most humans are not conscious when it comes to discarding their leftovers. This can draw the attention of the rats. When you have to control the population of the San Diego rats and mice, some of us will prefer to use poison.
How Long Will It take Before the Poison Takes Effect?
Rodenticides also known as rat poisons are made up of strong chemicals that can kill California rats and mice. Usually, it is composed of toxic ingredients that will not result to an immediate demise. Contingent upon the strength of the chemicals, the suffering of the poor creature may last for a few days. There are also instances when it can take weeks before the poisons take effect. In case they ingested a lethal amount of the poison, the shortest time for the creature to die is around 4 days.
How Do They Respond To Poisoning
Most San Diego rats will be neurologically and anatomically unable of emesis. Emesis or popularly known as vomiting is the coordinated response of the muscle to powerfully expel the toxic substance out of our body. Most of the esophagus of the rodents are considerably long that serves as a hindrance between the esophagus and the stomach. This makes it impossible for them to forcefully expulse the substance. Their neutral network also lacks the proper connection which connects the different muscle systems that are used to perform emesis. As a replacement tor vomiting, they are capable of regurgitating that allows them to move the material from their stomach to the throat.
Since they lack the ability to forcefully expel the chemical substance out of their body, they have the means to adapt that allows them to avoid the poisonous material. As soon as they notice that something is not right within their environment, they will be more cautious on the things they eat. Initially, they will only eat a small portion of the food. In case they noticed that there are no adverse effects on their body, they will return to eat the food.
These rodents are also known to possess a heightened sense of smell and taste. They have the ability to determine if there are harmful substances in the foods. They are also pretty observant. They can immediately determine the cause of death of their members. They have the ability to connect the death of the member of the colony to a certain food. Eventually, the rat or mouse colony will avoid ingesting that food.
There are various types of poisons sold in the market but we do not recommend them. Most of them will release a strong chemical that can irritate your respiratory linings. In addition, it can also endanger your kids and pets to secondary poisoning. Your kids and pets can be exposed to the anti-coagulant substance found in the poisons.